A Stupid Incident

See the source image

One steaming day, I and my mom had to go to my school to collect my report card. I was nervous, as the vehicle got closer, my heart rate increased. But somehow, I and mom went to school to collect the report card( In India parents are told to arrive and collect the report card from the school). Then, surprisingly I got 39/40 in Science and all the other subjects were near 35/40. This is the exact moment when I decided to become a scientist, and the reason I choose to become one is due to my grade in it. This was the time when we had to leave for the US in two months. Happy to find my career, I felt safe. In India, people ask youngers about their future ambition and not answering that meant you were stupid. Time went on and I reached America and joined in 7th grade. During seventh grade, I did not know much about the rules, grading system, and basically how the school functioned. So, in the first year, I knew about the school and how the US functioned- schools, supermarkets, road lanes, etc. Then I progressed into 8th grade, this was when I knew about Hac- a website to see one's school grades. After that 9th passed and I went on to 10th when I found out one other thing, Science is something I like but not my career. I thought of it, it felt stupid for me to choose a career due to my grades. I quickly realized that I had much more interest in cybersecurity, computer science, and business. When I think about computer science and business, I want to learn more and more and as Warren Buffet said: " Know more about your field to be ahead of the game", and I wanted to do the same thing, I started learning more about computer science, business, and cybersecurity in the summer. I knew one thing from this experience- Your grades don't depend on what you can be and could be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Update

Yale’s dumb boy

Ay MEL's. Who wants to be put to sleep? This Article'll help with that!